- 1 pound okra pods, less than 3" long ea
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Wash the okra, trim the stems, but leave on the caps.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the okra and saute, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, basil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 Northerner servings or 2 to 3 Southerner servings.