Vegan Pumpkin Bread is sweetened with Medjool dates and bananas, and delightfully seasoned with pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
- 2 1/4 cups oat flour (from 3 cups rolled oats when blended in a Vitamix) -- or use traditional wheat flour if needed
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons ground flax
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 (15-ounce) pumpkin puree, unsweetened, organic used
- 8 pitted Medjool dates, soaked
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or fresh orange juice
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 Medjool date, chopped + rolled oats + sprinkle of date sugar (optional)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from kblog.lunchboxbunch.com
Preheat oven to 400°F and grease an 8 or 9" loaf baking pan. (Or use parchment paper to line pan.)
Soak the dates in hot water until softened. Put into food processor and puree. Add the almond milk, bananas, pumpkin and apple cider vinegar and blend until smooth.
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, ground flax and chia seeds in a bowl.
Combine the pumpkin puree, pureed dates, cider vinegar and bananas.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into the dry bowl and stir to combine. Stir until fluffy - 1-2 minutes or folding the batter.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and smooth out top a bit. Add the toppings: chopped dates, oats and an optional sprinkle of date sugar (or coconut sugar).
Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes.
Allow the loaf to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving. If you slice too soon, you may squish some of the fluffiness of the loaf. Store leftovers in the fridge - re-heat or serve chilled. Delicious served with tea or coffee!
You'll also love
- Buttermilk Waffles for Two 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Shrimp Summer Rolls with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Skillet Huevos 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Italian Sausage & Zucchini Soup 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Big Pink Rhubarb Cake 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Oysters Rockefeller Sourdough... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- English Muffins 4.5/5 (8 Votes)