Chili Lime Flank Steak
- 1 tblsp chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 beef flank steak (1 1/2 lb), trimmed
- 2 tblsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tblsp chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix chili powder, garlic, lime peel, salt, black and red pepper. Sprinkle beef with lime juice. Rub with spice mixture.
Carefully brush oil on grill rack. Place beef on grill over mediume heat. Cover grill; cook 14-16 minutes, turning once, until of desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes.
Cut beef diagonally across grain into thin slices. Sprinkle with cilantro.