Spinach Salad With Honey Tangerines
- 1 bag spinach - (10 oz) or 2 loose bunches
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- into rings
- 1/2 pound fresh brown mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 honey tangeringes peeled , sectioned (or 2 (11-oz) cans, drained)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Wash the spinach well and remove the stems. Tear the leaves into pieces the size of a silver dollar. Dry and reserve in the refrigerator.
Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion rings and cook over medium heat until they appear translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms; sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
Stir in the remaining oil, vinegar, juice and seasonings; remove from heat. Toss with spinach and honey tangerines.
This recipe yields 10 to 12 servings.