Pumpkin Pie Wontons
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp. Neufchatel cream cheese, room temperature
- 20 wonton wrappers
- egg wash (1 beaten egg + 1 Tbsp. water)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- MAPLE DIP
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Neufchatel cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Adapted from tablespoon.com
In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cream cheese until well combined.
Lay wonton wrappers on a clean surface. Brush egg wash along edges of each wrapper and place 1 teaspoon filling in the center. Fold up each wrapper into a triangle shape and pinch edges well to seal.
In a large, deep saucepan over medium heat, bring about 1 1/2 inches oil to 320 degrees F (use a deep-fry or candy thermometer to measure temperature). Drop 3-4 wontons at a time into oil and cook 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown.
Remove wontons with slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool slightly. Repeat with remaining wontons.
Dust wontons with powdered sugar.
In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cream cheese, maple syrup and ground cinnamon. Serve dip alongside warm wontons.