Beef and vegetable pasties
Fat saturated 12.40g
Fat Total 26.70g
Carbohydrate Total 42.60g
Dietary Fibre 3.00g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 1 medium desiree potato, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 small carrot, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup barbecue relish
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Campbell's Real Stock Beef Salt Reduced
- 1/2 cup frozen pea and corn mix
- 4 sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- tomato sauce, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add potato, carrot, thyme, relish and worcestershire sauce. Stir to coat.
Add stock. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in pea mixture. Remove from heat. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using a 12cm cutter, cut 4 rounds from each pastry sheet. Spoon 1/4 cup mince mixture onto each round. Brush edges with egg. Bring pastry edges together to form a semi-circle. Pinch edges together to seal and form frills.
Place pasties on prepared trays. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
To freeze pasties, place in a single layer in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in fridge the night before serving.
You'll also love
- Boston Market Copycat Sweet Potato... 3.8/5 (528 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Bread 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Party Ham & Turkey Finger... 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Soup - Low Carb 4.3/5 (82 Votes)
- Turkey Sausage, Sweet Potato &... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Ground Beef Pasties 3.9/5 (20 Votes)