Baked Salmon Puttanesca - WW
This spicy Italian sauce is a tasty combination of tomatoes, olives, anchovies, capers, garlic and red pepper flakes. It's delicious with richly-flavored fish such as salmon.
Serves - 4
Points - 8
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked shallot(s), finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp anchovy paste, (or 3 fillets, mashed with a fork)
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 10 medium olive(s), Kalamata variety, pitted, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 16 oz uncooked skinless salmon fillet(s)
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat oil in large, oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring a few times, until vegetables soften, 2-3 minutes.
Add anchovy paste and cook, stirring, until it melts into pan, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in olives and capers; remove from heat.
Nestle salmon fillets into sauce; spoon some sauce over salmon. Cover skillet; bake until fish is just opaque in center, about 10-12 minutes.
Serving size: 4 oz salmon, 1/2 cup sauce