ROSEMARY ORANGE CHICKEN
Makes: 8 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: about 25 minutes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 to 2 1/2 pounds), divided
- Coarse salt and pepper to taste
- 4 1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Adapted from uexpress.com
Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in large skillet on medium-high. Add 4 chicken breasts and sear 3 minutes per side or until well browned. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Heat another 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in skillet; add 4 more chicken breasts; sear on both sides as above. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook 4 more minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside to store.
Add another 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to skillet; add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add orange juice and broth and bring to simmer. Cook 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Return the 4 partially cooked chicken breasts to skillet; reduce heat to low. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to warmed platter. Stir in butter, rosemary and vinegar to sauce. Season with salt and pepper and spoon over chicken.
Note: Refrigerate 4 chicken breasts for Monday.