Toasted Pecan Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from plainchicken.com
Toast pecans by putting them on a cookie sheet and baking them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Pound chicken thin. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, melt butter. Cook chicken over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet.
Reduce heat to medium, add whipping cream, marmalade or preserves and mustard. Stir well. Add chicken, sprinkle with pecans and cook 8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Serve over rice, if desired.