Salted Caramel Apple Poke Cake
The salted caramel on this apple poke cake is MMM-MM good! You have to give it a try to see why - GO FOR IT!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (20-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 110mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or lightly spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes. Add apple pie filling; beat 1 minute longer. Pour into pan.
Bake as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan. Cool in pan on cooling rack 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce and the sea salt. Poke warm cake every inch with a straw or handle of wooden spoon, halfway into cake. Pour caramel-salt mixture over cake, allowing it to fill in holes.
Spread cake with whipped topping. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel sauce; top with butterscotch chips.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon Dip 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Peach Melba Jam (Peaches &... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- David Lee's Biscuits, Perfect for... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Hot Chocolate Poke Cake 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Apple Dapple Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake 4.7/5 (9 Votes)