Classic Yellow Cupcakes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Classic Buttercream Frosting (or frosting of your choice)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) miffin pans with paper liners.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In a medium bowl, combine self-rising flour and all-purpose flour. Gradually add to butter mixture, alternatley with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pans. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes our clean. Remove from pans, and let cool completley on wire racks. Spread or pipe frosting over cupcakes.