Asparagus with Blue Cheese
This simple, elegant side would be ideal for a special dinner. Blue cheese adds a tangy richness to steamed asparagus -- and the bright green spears are sure signs of spring.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp minced fresh chives
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, chives, oil, vinegar and pepper. Transfer asparagus to an ungreased 15 in. x 10 in. x 1 in. baking pan; top with cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 4-5 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt.