- 1/2 pound mushrooms wiped clean, and sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups soft white bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon or marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 egg lightly beaten
Saute mushrooms in butter in a skillet 5 to 8 minutes over moderate heat until golden. Place all remaining ingredients in a bowl, add mushrooms and toss lightly to mix.
This recipe yields 2 cups.