Bell Pepper Steak Stir-Fry
Quick, Easy & Delicious Stir Fry from an older Better Homes & Garden cookbook
- 1 lb. beef round (I just use one steak, no matter the size)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks sliced in 1" squares
- 1 green pepper, sliced in 1" squares
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in 1" squares (optional but sure gives nice color)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup water
Cut beef across the grain into thin strips.
Combine soy sauce, garlic and ginger in bowl, add beef. Toss and set aside while preparing veggies.
Heat oil in wok (or large non-stick skillet). Add beef and stir fry til browned.
Turn heat up and add vegetables and stir fry til tender-crisp (about 10 minutes).
Mix the cornstarch with the water; stir and add to pan.
Cook and stir until thickened.
Serve over hot rice.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -