Spinach Orzo Salad with Shrimp
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Orzo
- 4 cups spinach, thinly sliced
- 10 medium radishes, quartered
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted oil-cured olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Preheat the broiler. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and shake dry
2. Meanwhile, toss the spinach, radishes, cucumber, onion, olives, mint, parsley and 1/3 cup each lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the orzo and season with salt and pepper.
3. Toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons each lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl. Arrange on a foil lined broiler pan and broil until slightly pink, 1-2 minutes. Turn and broil until just cooked through 2-3 minutes.
4. Divide the salad among plates. Top with the shrimp, sprinkle with the feta and season with pepper.