Leek, Green Pea And Potato Soup
- 1 pound leeks, white part only quartered lengthwise, sliced crosswise and washed well
- 2 potatoes - (12 oz ea) peeled, quartered, and sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley plus
- parsley leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves (or a pinch of dried, crumbled)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large saucepan cook the leeks and the potato in the butter over moderately-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and add the broth. Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer the mixture, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the potato is very soft.
Stir in the peas, the parsley, and the mint, season the soup with salt and pepper to taste, and simmer it for 5 minutes.
In a blender or food processor puree the soup until it is smooth and divide it between 4 heated bowls. Garnish with parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Lazy Sunday Pot Roast With Caraway... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey-Glazed Baby Carrots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fluffy Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sorrel, Pea And Leek Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese-Swirled Tuna Casserole With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BLT And P (Bacon, Leek, Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Risotto With Green Peas 0/5 (0 Votes)