Grilled Lamb Chops With Roasted Garlic Horseradish Sauce
- GARLIC HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- == TURTLE CREEK MANSION PEPPER MIXTURE ==
- 1 cup freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves peeled
- 4 large white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 large shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound roasted lamb bones
- 2 teaspoons freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup veal demi-glace
- 1/4 cup grated fresh horseradish
- Salt to taste
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- LAMB CHOPS:
- 16 lamb rib chops, 1" thk butchered French style
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- Salt to taste
To make pepper mixture combine black and white peppers, cayenne, and marjoram. Cover tightly and store in a cool place. Use to season red meats and game before cooking.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat. When hot, add garlic cloves and sauté for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Place in preheated 350 degree oven and roast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from oven. Remove garlic from pan and cool. Set aside until ready to use.
Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute. Add shallots, lamb bones, and pepper and sauté for 1 minute. Add thyme, chicken stock, and demi-glace and bring to a boil. Skim off scum. Lower heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced by one-third.
Remove lamb bones and strain into a small saucepan. Add roasted garlic and grated horseradish. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Let sauce sit for 5 minutes to capture as much flavor from the garlic and horseradish as possible. Season with salt and lemon juice. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Preheat grill. Make sure grates are clean and lightly rub or brush with oil. Brush chops with 3 tablespoons peanut oil and season to taste with salt and pepper mixture. Grill chops about 2 minutes or just long enough to mark one side. Turn chops and cook for about 2 minutes longer for medium-rare. Increase cooking time slightly for medium doneness. Remove chops from grill.
Spoon Roasted Garlic Horseradish Sauce over the bottom of 4 warm dinner plates. Place 4 grilled lamb chops along the top of each plate, bones to the center. Garnish plates with sprigs of marjoram. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Fluffy Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Farmer's Market Tomato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Paillards With Watercress... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichokes With Garlic Pimiento... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Gratin With Garlic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Chop With Madeira Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Glazed Radishes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Flambee 0/5 (0 Votes)