Peppy Ham Tortillas
- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 1 block Monterey Jack cheese - (16 oz) cut 1/2" strips
- 2 cans chopped jalapeños or chiles - (4 oz ea) drained
- 12 flour tortillas - (6" dia)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese - (12 oz)
- Salsa as needed
Place a ham slice, cheese strip and 2 teaspoons jalapeños down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in a greased 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish; set aside.
In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and mustard until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add cheese, cook and stir until melted.
Spoon sauce evenly over tortillas. Spoon a small amount of salsa over each tortilla. Bake, uncovered at 350 degree for 45 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
In the morning, pop pan in oven and you will soon be enjoying flavorful filled tortillas covered with a creamy cheese sauce.