- Chipotle Sauce:
- 1-ounce olive oil
- 4 hot links, all beef, cut in 6 bias slices
- 20 (21/25 shrimp), deveined, shelled and butterflied
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Chipotle Sauce, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon diced Roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced scallion
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3/4-ounce Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 3/4-ounce red chili flakes
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in blender, puree, cover and refrigerate.
In saute pan over high heat, add olive oil and hot links. Sear links until browned. Add the shrimp and cook until pink. Lower heat to medium. Then add cream, 3/4 of the Chipotle Sauce, salt and pepper. Add cooked pasta and the cheese. Toss to combine.
Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with diced tomato, scallions, more sauce, if desired, and grated Parmesan.