Chilled Cucumber Soup
- 3 cucumbers peeled, seeded, and chopped, plus
- 1 cup finely-diced peeled seeded cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon English-style dry mustard or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Cucumber slices
- Dill sprigs
In a blender puree chopped cucumbers, yogurt, sour cream, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a bowl. Chill soup until ready to eat.
Before serving, stir in finely diced cucumber, dill and lemon juice. Garnish soup with cucumber slices, and dill sprigs.
This recipe yields 4 1/2 cups.