Chicken Parmesan, Pasta And Broccoli
- PASTA AND BROCCOLI:
- Olive oil spray
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast visible fat removed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup low-sugar low-fat pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
- 4 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti - (1 cup uncooked)
- 4 cups broccoli florets - (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Set a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil, and brown the chicken 2 minutes on each side. Season each cooked side with salt and pepper. Add the pasta sauce and let simmer for 4 minutes.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, cover with a lid, and let sit 1 minute. Divide between 4 plates and serve with the Pasta and Broccoli.
For the Pasta and Broccoli: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook 5 minutes, add broccoli, and continue to cook 4 minutes. Drain and toss with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.