Sweet Potato Cups
- 2 (24 ounce) packages frozen steam-and-mash sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, cut up
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Steam potatoes according to package directions. Mash together sweet potatoes and next 5 ingredients. Spoon mixture into 8 (6 ounce) custard cups. Place on a baking sheet.
2. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread meringue over sweet potato mixture.
3. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until golden brown.