Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Gratin
This Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Gratin recipe is a deliciously perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, or any time of year.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups heavy cream, 16 ounes
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut using the straight blade of a Spiralizer
- 1 1/2 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut using the straight blade of a Spiralizer
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon dried bread crumbs
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from williamssonoma.cm
Preheat an oven to 375°F. Butter a large gratin dish or a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the shallots and 2 teaspoon of the sage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the cream, salt and pepper and whisk until blended. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potato and butternut squash. Pour the cream mixture over the potato mixture and toss to coat evenly.
In a small bowl, stir together the Gruyère and Parmesan cheese.
Arrange a layer of the sweet potato and butternut squash mixture in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layering twice more, ending with the cheese. Pour any remaining cream from the bowl over the gratin and top with the bread crumbs and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon sage.
Cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the top is golden and the vegetables are tender when pierced, 30 to 45 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8 to 10.
You'll also love
- Baked Ziti Casserole 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Toasted Pecan Pumpkin Cupcakes... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Caramel-Apple Tartlets with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Paleo Apple Pecan Brussels Sprouts 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Buttermilk Waffles for Two 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Shrimp Summer Rolls with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Picante Potato Pie Recipe 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte 4.5/5 (8 Votes)