Banana Pecan Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or to taste
- 2 medium very ripe bananas - (abt 12 to 14 oz)
- 2/3 cups pecans toasted lightly, and chopped
- Softened butter or vegetable oil for cooking pancakes
- Berry-Maple Syrup (see recipe)
In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. In another bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Whisk the dry ingredients into the liquid until combined well.
Chop fine the banana and add it to the batter along with the pecans.
Heat a griddle over moderate heat until hot enough to make a drop of water scatter over surface and brush with butter or oil. Working in batches, drop 1/4 cup measures of batter onto griddle to form pancakes and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, about 1 minute.
Flip pancakes with a metal spatula and cook until undersides are golden brown and pancakes are cooked through, about 1 minute. Serve with Berry-Maple Syrup.
This recipe yields 4 servings.