Heirloom Tomato Tart
- 1 large egg
- All purpose flour
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 3/4 c finely grated scamorza
- 1/2 c ricotta
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp chopped basil
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 lb heirloom tomatoes sliced 1/4" thick
- Flaked sea salt for serving
Position a rack in the center of the oven, heated to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
In a small bowl, beat the egg with 2 tsp water.
Lightly flour a work surface and unfold the pastry dough sheets side by side. Join sections together and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
Gently score a 1" border around the dough. Brush the border with egg wash.
In a medium bowl, combine the scamorza, ricotta, 1 tbsp basil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste. Spread the mixture on the dough within the scored border.
Arrange tomato slices across the cheese spread. Bake until puffy and golden brown, 25-30 mins. Allow to cool a few minutes and remaining basil and some flaked salt.