Slow Cooker Pork Enchiladas
- 2 lb pork roast
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 TBS chopped garlic
- 1 TBS cumin
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 28 oz red enchilada sauce
- 4 oz green chiles, diced
- 10 medium sized tortillas
- 8 oz Mexican blend cheese
Adapted from lmld.org
1. Combine pork, chicken broth, onion, and spices in a slow cooker.
2. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Remove pork from crock pot and shred using 2 forks.
5. In a large bowl, combine pork, 3/4 cup enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup liquid (from the crock pot).
6. In another bowl combine remaining enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup liquid and green chiles.
7. Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce mixture on the bottom of a 3 quart baking dish.
8. Divide pork mixture and half of cheese between the tortillas.
9. Roll tortillas and place them in the baking dish, seam side down.
10. Cover tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce mixture.
11. Cover pan with foil.
12. Bake for 25 minutes.
13. Remove foil and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
14. Bake for another 5 minutes, until cheese is thoroughly melted.