- 4 assorted bell peppers (preferably red, yellow and orange)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon drained bottled capers coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch arugula - (abt 1/4 lb) tough stems discarded
Preheat broiler. Put bell peppers on rack of broiler pan about 5 inches from heat and broil, turning occasionally with tongs, until skins are blackened, about 15 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and let stand, covered, until cool enough to handle. Peel peppers over bowl (to catch any liquid) and discard stems and seeds.
Cut peppers lengthwise into 1-inch-thick strips and add to liquid in bowl with vinegar, thyme, and capers. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and toss.
Divide arugula among 4 plates. Top with peppers and drizzle with any remaining dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
This recipe yields 4 servings.