Burmese Shrimp & Asparagus Stir Fry
Shrimp and asparagus are stir fried with a lovely blend of spices including turmeric and cayenne pepper to give it a little heat, and an Asian flair with the soy sauce and fish sauce. Serve with a side of rice.
- 3/4 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds asparagus, woody ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces on the diagonal
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce, tamari, or Bragg's liquid aminos
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a large bowl combine the shrimp in 2 teaspoons of the fish sauce, 1/4 teaspoon of the turmeric, and the salt. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the remaining turmeric, the cayenne pepper and the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until the shallots have softened. Add the asparagus, the remaining teaspoon of fish sauce, and the soy sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until the asparagus have begun to soften.
Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp have turned pink and are cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Top with cilantro and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Cherry Compote 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Grilled New Orleans Shrimp 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Cranberry Streusel Muffins 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion & Peppered Bacon... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Bacon and Dried Tomato Scones 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Asparagus and Two Cheese Quiche... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)