Tangy BBQ Beef Sandwiches
A yummy way to cook a roast with or without using it for sandwiches. I leave out the onions and celery, but it would taste even better with them added.
- 3 cups chopped celery, optional
- 1 cup chopped onion, optional
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup BBQ sauce( I like Kraft Hickory Smoked flavor)
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBSP vinegar
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 boneless chuck roast(3-4 lbs)
- I use any type of roast, and cut off the fat, which is usually along one side.
- 14-18 Hamburger Buns, optional
- I use this recipe for all my roasts whether or not I use them for sandwiches.
In slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Mix well. Add roast. Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours or until tender. Remove roast, cool. Shred meat and return to sauce. Heat through. Use slotted spoon to serve on buns.