Bacon and Rosemary Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Pound chicken breasts slightly with a meat mallet to uniform thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan. Cook chicken in butter and reserved drippings 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
Add garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken and bacon to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Tomato and Sweet Pepper Sauce with... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Eggplant and Goat Cheese... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Best Turkey Chili 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Asian Spiced Chicken... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Jerk Pork Wraps with Lime Mayo 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken, Bacon and Tater... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)