The idea that cooking a delicious lasagna for your family is time consuming and require you to spend hours in the kitchen is out the window! Slow cooked lasagna is easy breezy and delicious to boot! We even added some spinach for a little bonus veggie! Try this recipe with whole-wheat noodles to bump it up a “healthy” notch! YUMMY YUMMY! And just so you know...this will feed a crowd!
- 2 Pounds Hamburger Meat
- 2 Jars (24 oz. each) Marinara Sauce
- 1 Package (1 pound) Uncooked Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Pounds Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Fresh Baby Spinach (Approximately 4 oz.)
- Italian Seasoning to taste
Adapted from crockingirls.com
1. Brown hamburger meat and add marinara sauce. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
2. While simmering, in a bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, egg, and Italian seasoning to taste; Mix well. (Save 2 cups sauce mixture and 1 cup ricotta mixture for top.)
3. Spray a 6 quart crock with cooking spray, and start your layers of 1) meat sauce 2) uncooked lasagna noodles broken to fit 3) ricotta cheese mixture 4) spinach.
4. Repeat layers one more time. Top with "saved" ingredients - remaining meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
5. Cook on low for three hours, any longer will overcook the noodles!