SHRIMP and CRABMEAT ETOUFFEE
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 1/2 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 3 cups cooked Basmati or brown rice
In a large stockpot, sauté onions and celery in olive oil until softened, about 10 minutes, stir in garlic granules.
Add flour to celery mixture to make a rue and bring to a boil. Cook until the desired color (blond). Add chicken broth and reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Add lemon juice, cayenne and Tabasco sauce. Add shrimp and cook about 5 minutes.
Add crabmeat, green onions and parsley and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve over rice.
Makes 8 servings
*Scoop your rice into a flat-bottom cup, press down to mold, then put it on the plate. Makes a nice fancy presentation!