Pineapple Filled Cookies
These delicious pineapple filled cookies are such a treat! They are the perfect balance of sweet and tart, they will surely be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 heaping cup shortening
- 2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Cream shortening and sugar.
In a medium sized bowl, add egg, milk & dry ingredients. Add additional flour to make stiff dough (enough to roll out & cut).
Roll out dough. Using round biscuit cutter, cut circles. Take crushed, canned pineapple (drained on paper towel) & place a good amount on top of circle.
Place another circle on top. With fork, seam sides together & fork top of cookie. Bake at 400° F for 10-12 minutes.
Only edges will be brown. After they cool, ice them with powdered sugar, vanilla & milk icing.
You'll also love
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.9/5 (379 Votes)
- No Bake Cream Cheese & Coconut... 4.2/5 (102 Votes)
- Pineapple Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Chocolate Cornflake Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chorizo stuffed Jalapeno with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Peach Ice Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fig-Jalapeno Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- red hot cinnamon apples 0/5 (0 Votes)