Blackened Halibut with Remoulade
A creamy mayonnaise-based sauce balances the highly seasoned fish. If you can't find cornichons, substitute chopped dill pickle in the sauce.
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cornichon
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
1. To prepare sauce, combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill.
2. To prepare fish, combine paprika and next 7 ingredients (through red pepper). Sprinkle fish evenly with seasoning mixture. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with sauce.