Buttery Dinner Rolls (fast!)
- 1 cup water plus 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 large egg
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening (optional)
Combine all the ingredients minus the shortening and butter in the bowl of your stand mixer in the order listed. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl with plastic and let rise until doubled in size, about an hour.
Remove from bowl onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into balls or other shape. Place in a lightly buttered 9x13 pan. Let rise until double--approximately 30 minutes.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Brush with melted butter and serve warm.