Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Sun-dried tomatoes, basil and fat-free cream of mushroom soup combine to make a luscious, Mediterranean-style sauce for sautéed chicken and egg noodles.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (about 1 pound)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups extra wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Thinly-sliced fresh basil leaves (optional)
1.Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
2.Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir the soup, water, tomatoes, vinegar and chopped basil in the skillet.
3.Return the chicken to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce over the noodles.
Sprinkle with the cheese and sliced basil, if desired.