Campbell's Slow-Simmered Pot Roast with Garden Vegetables
It takes just 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients for this hearty pot roast - then you can let it slow-cook all day and you'll come home to a fork-tender roast accented with colorful vegetables and a savory gravy.
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 beef bottom round roast, trimmed of all fat (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 carton (18.3 ounces) Campbell's® V8® Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Fresh parsley
1.Place the potatoes, carrots and celery into a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker. Season the beef with the black pepper and place on the vegetables.
2.Add the soup and garlic and toss to coat.
3.Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 11 hours or until the beef is fork-tender. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
4.For thicker gravy: Stir 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl until it's smooth. Remove the beef from the slow cooker. Stir in the flour mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.