- RUSSIAN DRESSING:
- 6 slices rye bread
- Butter as needed
- 1 1/4 pounds thinly-sliced corned beef
- 12 ounces well-drained sauerkraut or Cole slaw
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
For the Russian Dressing: Combine all ingredients well.
Toast slices of bread. Spread butter thinly, together with dressing. Divide among the slices corned beef, cole slaw and cheese. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is lightly brown, about 1 minute. Cut Reuben in half on the diagonal. Serve immediately, accompanied with dill or half-sour pickle optional.
This recipe yields 6 sandwiches.