Gigantic Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 – 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes 2 rolls; 6-8 servings each.
1. In a shallow bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into 12-in. x 14-in. rectangle. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into four 1-in. strips. Roll each into an 18-in. long rope. Dip in butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
2. Coil one rope in the center of a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Add three more ropes, pinching ends together to fill one pan. Repeat with remaining ropes on a second pizza pan. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining cinnamon sugar. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls.