Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
These light and fluffy lemon poppy seed muffins with lemon glaze are a great way to start the weekend!
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from damndelicious.tumblr.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
Beat in lemon zest and vanilla until well combined.
Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour, until just combined.
Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
Place into oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
When the muffins are done, cool for 10 minutes and brush the muffin tops with the glaze. Allow glaze to set before serving.
You'll also love
- Orange Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Pretty Yummy Fruit Salad by The... 3.9/5 (84 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Homemade Kentucky Blackberry... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Lemon Monkey Bread 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Muffins 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Blintzes with... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)