Chicken Pasta Primavera
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook red, yellow, and green bell peppers in 2 tablespoons olive oil with garlic until just tender. Stir in diced tomatoes and diced tomatoes with chiles, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove to a serving bowl.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook chicken in butter mixture until juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes. Place cooked chicken over tomato sauce and sprinkle with basil, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and parmesan. Serve with cooked pasta.