Apple Streusel Bars
Lil bars of apple streusel deliciousness is what you'll find here, mmm-mm-good! Server with ice cream for a truly awesome dessert!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter, soft
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from temp-tations.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl combine all pastry ingredients except for the eggs. Use a pastry blender or two forks to form mixture into small crumbs. Gently mix in eggs.
Pour 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of your temp-tations® 13 x 9-inch baker. Press down with your hands to form a solid crust. Set aside.
Peel apples and slice them into 1/4-inch wedges. Place in a mixing bowl along with sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to combine. Spread out over crust.
Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/3 pastry crumbs. Bake for 1 hour. Cool completely before slicing.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Parmesan Meatballs and... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bake 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Pie Sangria 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Cider Marinated Pork with... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Paleo Blueberry Thumbprint Cookies 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Taco Cornbread Casserole 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Hot Fudge Sundae Poke Cake Recipe 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Date Protein Bars 4.6/5 (8 Votes)