Miniature Crab Cakes With Garlic Mayonnaise
- MINI CRAB CRAB CAKES:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat picked over
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- GARLIC MAYONNAISE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic head roasted, and smashed into a paste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or to taste
For the Garlic Mayonnaise: In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice. Mayonnaise may be made 3 days ahead and chilled, covered.
For Mini Crab Cakes: Mix first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk egg and 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Stir 2 tablespoons egg mixture into crab mixture (mixture will be dry). Discard remaining egg mixture. Form crab mixture into 4 (1/2-inch thick by 3-inch round) patties, using about 1/2 cupful for each.
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes and saute until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plates. Serve with the the Garlic Mayonnaise.
This recipe yields 4 servings.