Fettucini with Chipotle Cream Sauce and Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1-1/2 * 1-1/2 c. milk
- 1-1/2 * 1-1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 * 1 c. aged parmesan, shredded (or other hard, sharp cheese such as Irish Cheddar or Asiago)
- 3 * 3 tbs. butter
- 6 * 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 * 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder (add more to taste)
- 1 * 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 * 1 c. mushrooms, sliced
- * (4) cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 * 1 tbs. olive oil
- * salt and pepper
- * fettucini, prepared al dente
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 2 * 2 dozen shell-on shrimp, peeled
- 6 * 6 slices center cut bacon, cut in fourths
- 1 * 1 tsp. seafood seasoning
- 2 * 2 tbs. butter
- * pinch of salt and pepper
Chipotle Cream Sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and then add milk and cream. Bring to a light boil, when small bubbles just begin to form, and then turn off heat. Stir in shredded cheese until melted and thoroughly combined.
2. Separate egg yolks into a small mixing bowl. Ladle in a small amount of the hot cream mixture and whisk to temper the eggs. Add to the pot of sauce and continue to whisk to prevent the yolks from cooking into a solid mass. Stir in chipotle powder and then cover pot to retain heat.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and fry briefly, and then add mushrooms. Cook until soft and then add frozen peas. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir until peas are hot and cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir vegetable mix into prepared cream sauce. Serve over bed of fettucini, and top with bacon wrapped shrimp.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
1. Wrap shrimp with bacon. Use a wooden toothpick to skewer bacon onto the body of the shrimp horizontally, starting where the legs were and pushing through to the other side. The body of the shrimp should be wrapped in bacon, and the shrimp should be able to rest on its side for cooking.
2. Add shrimp to non-stick skillet and place over medium to medium-high heat. Add butter to pan and sprinkle everything with seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook on one side until bacon and shrimp start to cook, and then flip over. Lift skillet and shake to distribute the butter and bacon fat evenly while cooking. Turn over shrimp to cook both sides.
3. When the shrimp is cooked (the shrimp will start developing bright red hues and the bacon will start to get crispy) remove from heat and set on a paper towel to cool. When shrimp has cooled enough to handle, remove toothpicks and arrange over pasta.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)