Maine Lobster Rolls
- 4 top-sliced hot-dog buns (or fashion your own top-sliced buns from bread or hamburger buns)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups coarsely-chopped cooked lobster cool but not cold (from about (3) 1 1/4-lb lobsters)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (or 3 tbspns mayonnaise mixed
- with 2 tbspns minced celery
If using top-sliced buns, spread softened butter on outsides; if using hamburger buns, butter insides. Heat a griddle or heavy skillet over moderately-high heat until hot and toast buns, buttered sides only, until light brown.
Divide lobster meat among buns and either drizzle melted butter over lobster or dollop with mayonnaise mixture.
This recipe yields 4 rolls.