Maria's sticky fruit pudding with caramel sauce
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 410 grams jar of fruit mince
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 60 grams butter -- chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs -- lightly beaten
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- 250 grams butter -- chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 300 ml cream
Grease a deep 20cm cake tin, line base and sides with baking paper
Combine fruit mince, water and soda in a large bowl, mix well; stand 5
Process mince mixture and butter until almost smooth.
return mixture to same bowl, stir in sugar, eggs and sifted flours; mix well.
Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake in moderate oven about 1 hour.
Serve the pudding warm with warm caramel sauce.
Combine all ingredients in medium pan, stir over heat until sugar is
simmer, uncovered about 5 minutes, or until sauce is thickened slightly.