Sauteed Chicken and Black Bean Salsa
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning With Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Red Onion diced small (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced small (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 t. Minced Garlic or 1 clove finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed (5.5 oz.)
- 1/2 can Whole Kernel Corn (about 3/4 c.)
- 1/2 t. Ground Cumin
- 1 Avocado diced small (about 1 c.)
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. roughly chopped fresh cilantro
Het 1 T. of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with adobo seasoning. Add the breasts to the pan, browning the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the onions, peppers and garlic. Cook on medium heat for approx. 3-4 minutes. Stir in the black beans, corn and cumin. Continue cooking until warmed through, approx. 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the avocado, lemon juice and cilantro until combined.
Serve bean mixture warm atop chicken breasts.