Chicken Corn Chowder
- 5 slices bacon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 carrots
- 4 celery ribs
- 1 1/2 yellow onions
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 5 cups yukon gold potatoes
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Chop bacon and place in large soup kettle or dutch oven and cook to render the fat. Meanwhile, chop celery, carrots, onion.
2. To the fat add the chopped/diced mirepoix (onions, celery, carrot) sweat for about 10 minutes on low heat, covered but stir occasionally and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add chicken stock and chicken breasts. You can use frozen chicken if you'd like. Add bay leaves, rosemary. Bring to boil and cover, place on simmer for 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Remove chicken, set aside. Remove bay leaves and rosemary sprigs; do not add them back to the soup.
5. Peel and dice the 5 cups of Yukon gold potatoes. Add to soup pot along with the corn.
6. Dice chicken into quarter inch pieces and add back to soup pot. Bring back to boil.
7. Cover, decrease heat to simmer, stir occasionally for 45 min or until potatoes break down. Soup should be thickening.
8. Add cream and butter, continue to cook on simmer 5-10 minutes,covered.
9. Taste prior to serving as you may want more salt and/or pepper.