Chicken and Bacon Pasta in Garlic Cream Sauce
Description Recipe About
Chicken and bacon tend to go well together. The saltiness of bacon (and the extra flavour of the smoked variety) compliments the rather bland taste (though nicely firm texture) of chicken breast. Toss in some garlic and cream and you've got yourself a tasty pasta dish. Peas will add a nice touch of green to the dish and a spot of veg (just add a cup of frozen peas in with the wine or cream), or you can serve it with a side salad or roasted peppers. Following on from my hunt for double cream in Vancouver, this is what I made with the whipping cream and a touch of butter as a substitute
- 2 Portions of Penne Pasta
- 1 Chicken Breast, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Rashers of Bacon, diced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cloves Garlic, finely sliced (1 to 2)
- 150 Ml Double Cream (or Whipping Cream if You Can't Find Double Cream, like me!)
- 1 Small Knob of Butter
- 1 Small Glass of White Wine (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese Plus Extra for Garnish
- 1 Small Handful Parsley, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
1. Cook the penne in a pan of boiling water until al dente, about 10–12 minutes, or according to packet instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a heavy frying pan on the stove and add the olive oil. Fry off the bacon bits until some of the fat is rendered. Add the garlic and chicken and cook over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through.
3. If using, add the white wine and boil until the liquid is reduced by half. Turn the heat down and add the cream. Simmer the creamy mixture until the sauce thickens, being careful not to overboil, for about 2–3 minutes.
4. Drain the cooked pasta. You can either add the pasta to the pan with the sauce, or add the sauce mixture to the pasta pot (whichever would hold everything!). Add the parmesan cheese and butter and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Dish out onto plates or bowls, and garnish with parsley and sprinkle of extra parmesan. Serve immediately.
945 Recipes | 30 Cookbooks | Profile
This recipe viewed 7 times
You'll also love
- Parmesan Crisps with Lemon Chive... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sweet & Spicy Kielbasa 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Dried Beef Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamed Peas and Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE SQUARES 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Hot Onion Souffle 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Roasted Pork Belly with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Open-Face Spinach-and-Mushroom... 5/5 (1 Votes)