Sweet Potatoes With Gruyere
- 3 lb sweet potatoes
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- salt and pepper
- 3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350. Bake sweet potatoes for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Raise oven temp to 425.
2. Peel potatoes when cool enough. Transfer to bowl. Using handheld mixer, beat the potatoes with the butter until smooth Beat in the cream, cheese, brown sugar, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Place in buttered 8 by 11 inch baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temp to 400 and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until lightly puffed and browned. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.